- A Fresh Environment: When we drive for 8+ hours we leave the normal routine behind. Students are not hanging with the same friends, playing the same xbox games, doing the same old same old. With this fresh environment I find openness to a fresh experience.
- Avoiding Distractions: When away from the normal routine we also get out of the normal distractions we allow to dominate our lives. Social media, gaming, friends, are all great, but can easily take our focus away from God. When at camp we are get away from these things and can hear from God in a clearer way.
- Saturation in Scripture: A primary factor in choosing where I will take my students to camp is how they handle the Word of God. While at camp we soak in scripture. When we are constantly feasting on God’s Words we hear His voice and see His hand moving in a clear way.
- Intentional Prayer: The key to meeting with God is communicating with Him. At camp we take special time to pray for God to speak and move among us…and what do you know…He does! These times refresh us and get us ready for the daily routine when we get back home.
- Group Unity: When we are stuck with each other for 5 days straight we get to know one another better and realize that we do genuinely need each other. That is how God created the church. I find when we get away from home and have shared experiences we not only grow in our individual spiritual lives, but we brow in unity as a group. I make intentional times for group affirmation. This small investment pays big dividends when we get back home.
This week be praying that God will move and speak! Thank you for all the parents who have entrusted us with your children!
Your fellow worker in the field, Adam