This week we have been studying everyday in the book of Hebrews. I know what you are thinking…that is a heavy book for a bunch of teenagers. Well, yes it is, but when we push them I have always found that teenagers rise to occasion. They have been doing great! Soaking up the Truth and letting God speak and move in real ways!
Here are some reasons I like focusing on one book of the Bible at a time:
- It affirms that all of the Bible is important.
- It keeps us tied to the Word of God for our content.
- We never get bored by just focusing on the familiar passages.
- We are forced to deal with issues I wouldn’t normally choose because the text deals with it.
- It keeps us connected with the authorial intent; as we track through book we see the overarching themes the author wanted to communicate.
Praise God for faithful teachers of the Word!
Your fellow worker in the field, Adam